Verizon Announces the Droid Incredible By HTC April 15, 2010Posted by Eli Blumenthal in : Cell Phones , trackback
The first thing that came to mind when I saw this: wow. If you’re on Verizon — between this and the KINs — you’ve got some really tough choices ahead. This phone truly is crazy, a seeming mix of the Nexus One and HTC Desire, taking pieces from both and making one sick phone. The Droid Incredible really looks to bring “the next chapter in the Droid saga” (Verizon’s words, though I completely agree). Just look at these specs:
- 3.7 inch AMOLED touchscreen– This is a really high quality screen. Think of it like the Nexus One‘s screen– very clear and very bright.
- Very thin design– Look at the pic above. See the Droid Incredible in the side angle? Yeah, it’s that thin.
- 8MP camera with flash, auto–focus and video capture– Not only do you get great shots, but this can also shoot full 720p HD (yes, HD!) video.
- 3G, GPS and WiFi
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Android 2.1 with next generation Sense UI– As we’ve seen from MWC, this takes the Android homescreen to another level with features like “Leap” (for viewing all 7 homescreens in an Expose like way) and “Friend Stream” for viewing Facebook, Twitter and Flickr updates in one combined view.
- 1 Ghz Snapdragon processor– To keep everything running really fast and smooth.
- 8GB built in memory — with the ability to add up to 16GB more through microSD. The built in 8GB can hold about 2,000 songs.
So when can we expect this beast to arrive? Thankfully, Verizon plans to release this soon– in 2 weeks, on April 29th.
You can pre-order the Droid Incredible starting next Monday, April 19th. The Droid Incredible will cost $199.99 on new 2 year contract with data plans ($29.99 a month). So what will you choose this or the KIN?